If you connected a new printer to your Internet receiver for the first time,
make sure your printer is compatible by following the steps listed below:
- Visit our Website at:
- Select Hardware & Service Plans
- Select ‘Printers’, located on the left side of the page
If you know that your printer is compatible and has worked before, but isn't
working now, try following these steps to determine why the printer isn't
- Shut off your printer and Internet receiver
- Remove the printer cable and printer adapter (if you use
an adapter) from your Internet receiver
- Turn on your Internet receiver and let it connect to the
Web Home page
- Turn it off and then reconnect the printer
- Turn both back on, and try to print again
If this does not work, the problem could be a bad connection or the hardware
itself. To test these, do the following:
- Check for bent pins on the printer cable
- Make sure your printer cable is IEEE bi-directional
- If you're using a printer adapter, make sure it's firmly
seated in the port.
If the printer still does not work, have the printer print out a self-test
page. If you need help with printing out a test page, consult the printer's
instructional manual for support. After the printer prints out a self-test page,
if your Internet receiver still indicates that the printer is not supported,
please call us at 1-800-469-3288. Please be prepared to answer the following
- What is the make and model of your printer?
- What type of cable do you have?
- Are you using a printer adapter (other than the WebTV
printer adapter) on the cable?
- Does the printer use a photo-grade cartridge or a
- Do you know if this printer will print when connected to
- Do you know if your printer will print when connected to
another Internet receiver?